Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello, my name is product placement.

Every time I see a commercial for the movie Hall Pass, I think a few different things:
1. How much is Applebee's paying them for blatant product placement?
2. Why do people like Captain Dong Nose? (Owen Wilson)
3. Who lets Owen Wilson try to act?
4. Seriously, what's with the Applebee's extreme closeup, is this an Applebee's commercial?
5. Man, Owen Wilson loves Applebee's.

I'm just going to cover number one. Seriously, if you haven't seen the trailer for this... well you aren't really missing anything, this is it summed up in one picture:

I don't really know how relevant the restaurant is to the storyline, but apparently it's relevant enough to show them walking in and panning up to the sign.  Applebee's the movie.  Got it.

I mean, I guess I can understand why they did it. The movie itself looks like a turd, so I guess they had to do as much product placement for advertisers as humanly possible to make up for their losses. But it doesn't matter what the movie is, people don't care how blatant their product placement is.

Wait.
Actually, the whole movie is about Owen Wilson pooping his pants:

I'll PASS on HALL PASS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway... that's about it.

No comments: